Resources for Courageous: Honor Begins at Home
“A man cannot be passive about what Scripture tells him to do for his family and expect to be found faithful to God in the end. He must see with spiritual eyes and realize that future generations are directly impacted by his daily decisions.”
—The Resolution for Men
WACMM is part of the Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Network, a national partner of the movie Courageous. We are enthusiastically endorsing and promoting Courageous because it is a unique presentation of biblical manhood and powerful contrast to counterfeit masculinity rampant in our culture today. Check out these resources and let us know if you have questions about the movie, the resources and how to use them in your ministry.
Courageous Living Bible Study
a 4-week Bible study to help strengthen families and fathers; includes a 64-page study guide and a DVD featuring "Courageous" film clips to support each week's lesson.
Honor Begins at Home: The Courageous Bible Study
an 8-week individual or small group study with DVD clips to go deeper into the biblical truths for a godly family; explores such topics as redeeming your history, walking with integrity, winning and blessings the hearts of your children and more
Courageous Living: Dare to Take a Stand
a study written by Sherwood Baptist Church Senior Pastor and Courageous executive producer Michael Catt that explores the biblical themes and characters that inspired the Courageous movie, includes accounts of Abraham (“The Courage to Get Going”), and Nehemiah (“The Courage to Face Criticism”), as well as stirring stories from the lives of Moses, Elijah, Joshua, Daniel, Gideon, Nehemiah, Stephen, Paul and Timothy.
The Resolution for Men
a daily devotional book written by Stephen and Alex Kendrick, screenwriters of Courageous and authors of The Love Dare and by bestselling author Randy Alcorn (Heaven), The Resolution for Men strategically inspires men to reconcile with their past, re-engage in the present by taking full responsibility for their wives and children, and then move forward with a bold and clear resolution for the future.
The Resolution for Women
a daily devotional book for women written by Priscilla Shirer (with the forward by Stephen and Alex Kendrick) to inspire women with intentional, spirit-filled living from three unique angles:"This Is Who I Am,", "This Is What I Have," and "This Is What Matters To Me," to joyfully honor God as a wife, mother, and family member.
a print replica of The Resolution presented in the movie, suitable for framing.
** Most of these products will be available September 1, 2011 from Life Way through your local Christian bookstore and various line sites.
On-the Ground Resources for Courageous: Honor Begins at Home
WACMM ("Washington Area Coalition of Men's Ministries") is a non-profit, non-denominational organization started by a group of pastors and men's leaders in 1999 to support local pastors and churches in ministering to men in the Mid-Atlantic region. (www.wacmm.org)
As the region's leading authority on ministry to men, WACMM is available to serve churches and ministries in taking advantage of the movie Courageous in these ways:
- present at men's breakfasts, retreats and other men's gatherings a unique"First Look" video of the movie and discuss the issues it raises about real manhood from a biblical viewpoint;
- give a special Father's Day message using some of the clips from the movie to talk about the roles and responsibilities of being a godly father;;
- show and discuss with pastors, church staff and men's leaders the above resources that can help launch a ministry to men or take a current one to new levels;
- explore various ways you can use the movie and resources to reach and minister to men of your church and community .through small groups, accountability partners, and unique men's gatherings.
- finally, inform, invite and mobilize men to our next Iron Sharpens Iron Equipping Conference on Saturday October 22 at Reston Bible Church in Dulles VA. Check out the details HERE
For more information, contact:
Director and Pastor-at-Large
Washington Area Coalition of Men's Ministries